Entrepreneurship Programs Transforming Youth into Future Leaders
The world is facing historic unemployment levels and the problem has become even more serious over the last two years. The effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and global automation are making it more difficult for the world’s 1.3 billion young people to find work.
To understand the crisis, here are some insightful facts.
- The population of youth in the age group of 15 to 24 increased 30% from 1999 to 2019, but their “labor force participation” rate globally declined by almost 12%.
- Youth jobs are at risk due to automation. A survey of CEOs discovered that 36% of CEOs are increasingly looking for process automation to boost productivity.
- And around one-quarter of youth who are 18 to 24 lost their job during the pandemic, and many saw their salary trimmed because they were working in highly affected sectors.
While the crisis continues globally, youth are resorting to self-employment. According to a new survey, a majority of respondents chose to start their own business instead of seeking employment at corporations.
Today’s youth want to earn by providing services or products to people in their communities. They are fast resorting to local business, catering to the needs of people in their cities, and communities.
Entrepreneurship is a viable path for youth. According to the survey, they were happier and more fulfilled at work, while living with their family, their people, in their culture.
To empower todays youth, many organizations along with governments provide specially designed youth business entrepreneurship programs such as Wharton global youth program, BIZNOVATOR camps – leading youth entrepreneur camps that aim to empower youth and develop their entrepreneur skills. The program is designed to provide experiences that focus on the creation, development, and start-up of a business or social venture. The summer entrepreneurial camps and workshops provide an opportunity for youth to learn and develop entrepreneurial and leadership skills and business acumen in an innovative and engaging environment.
Essentials of entrepreneurship programs for youth aim at providing an immersive experience that challenges students to engage with peers, use innovative thinking, and learn the fundamentals of becoming a successful entrepreneur.
Core Value of the Programs
- Lectures and mentoring by a passionate group of educators and leading entrepreneurs committed to youth empowerment.
- An insight into design thinking theories and hands-on researching, prototyping, and testing skills to bring an idea to reality.
- In-person and online experience-based learning design for innovative youth.
- Specially designed for energetic, purpose-driven youth to empower and train them to bring about a change in their communities.
All participants who successfully complete the program will earn a Certificate of Completion.
More and more youth are taking up entrepreneurship and creating an impact on society. They are adding value to their community through entrepreneurship acumen. Schools are also encouraging their students to foray into starting a venture. They organize workshops, camps, seminars on youth empowerment, and business skills development. Schools that focus on developing business skills in their students also collaborate with organizations providing programs designed to prepare youth to take a leadership role.
These are the key focus areas of such a program:
- Innovation and Opportunity
- Design Thinking
- Consumer Behaviour
- Business Model Generation
- Tech Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
This summer is the right time to add something valuable to your kids’ life. Explore through summer entrepreneurship programs for youth development designed to add wings to your kids by preparing them to lead an entrepreneurial life.
BIZNOVATOR is a youth empowerment platform that offers a year-round experience for young people interested in entrepreneurship, social innovation, and global leadership. Through our seminars, workshops, summer camps and in school Academies, BIZNOVATOR helps young people to DISCOVER their purpose, TRANSFORM their mindset and CONNECT to their future. We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our programs – www.biznovator.com
Juan Pablo Casimiro is Founder and CEO of BIZNOVATOR. With more than 30 years of empowering youth and adults globally, Casimiro never misses a moment to teach, coach and challenge his clients to live their dreams. Casimiro was born in the Dominican Republic, grew up in New York City, and resides in Miami, FL